Are Legacy Technologies Delaying the Digital Dream for Established Businesses?
Digital transformation is high on the agenda of many companies. CXOs are making focused efforts to change the status quo by spending most of their budgets towards digital transformation enablement. In fact, IDC states that direct digital transformation investment is growing at 17.5% CAGR and is expected to approach $7.4 trillion over the years 2020 to 2023 as companies build on existing strategies and investment. Nevertheless, established businesses having digital transformation as their top current priority are experiencing some major challenges with respect to the legacy technologies that once were the bread and butter of the organization.
Organizations are evolving, and as a result, adding more complexities to their legacy technologies. Many IT departments of established businesses today face issues when it comes to managing the day-to-day IT operations with dependencies on these legacy technologies. Legacy technologies on which the business is built and is operational are obstructing the digital business transformation.
Why it is so?
The answer to this question lies in the lack of innovation culture in the organization and the inability to sustain this innovation. When legacy applications work alongside the latest frontier technologies, the result is phenomenal. Here are some of the steps that an organization can take to align their growth strategies with the existing legacy technologies:
- Adopt a culture of innovation in the organization to create space for the latest trends and technological evolutions
- Upskill the employees to make their interaction with new technologies smoother, thereby supporting the organization’s digital dream
- Ecosystem integration and automation are widely adopted by organizations to bring operational efficiency and streamline business processes
- Methods to unlock, analyze, and gain visibility into the data generated can help enhance customer experience while making some smart data-driven decisions
- Adopt an all-inclusive approach that supports a step-by-step transformation strategy instead of leapfrogging into change
Many established companies consult technology vendors to implement various business processes. The associated partners and vendors must be forward-looking and aspire to grow alongside this transformation journey.
Calsoft has partnered with some of the top ISVs and product companies to support them with their digital strategies. We have recently introduced Mozaic — our Agile Product Development framework for ISVs & product companies.
Our Mozaic Transform+ offering deals especially with the requirements of established entities seeking to expand their universe across domains like Networking & Telecom, Media & Entertainment, Retail, FinTech, and others. Our offerings include:
- Managed Applications & Managed Cloud Frameworks
- Technology Consulting & Services
- Digital Transformation Lab – Intelligent IT, AI/ML, Blockchain, IoT & Cloud
- Technology Support Services & Platform Advisory Services
- Digital Workplace Services
- Post-Merger and Post-Acquisition Consulting Services
How does Mozaic fit into your progressive strategies?
- Mozaic offerings are designed to fit in at any stage of your growth journey. This also makes it ideal for established businesses as well as startups.
- Mozaic is designed considering that each organization functions differently and their growth strategies are different. It offers flexibility for customization to meet your business needs.
- Our tried and tested agile methodologies work best for improving the agility of an organization’s business processes at any given time.
- The step-by-step approach helps in automating mundane tasks for better efficiency.
- Access to best-in-class talent across intelligent engineering, data science, and digital technologies helps further your growth agenda.
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org to know more about Mozaic offerings.