Office 365 suite is widely used by businesses in every domain. In fact, it is taking over its counterparts and has 135 million business users of office 365 products. But this rapid growth in cloud services platform raised a concern for businesses to have a strategy for backup and protect data in office 365 platform. A need for solution is required which helps in access, protecting and backing up mailbox data to backup server.
Microsoft has its own API framework called – Microsoft graph which provides a unified programmability model that you can use to take advantage with tremendous amount of data in Office 365. Businesses can use Microsoft Graph API to build apps for organizations and consumers that interact with the data of millions of users. With Microsoft Graph, you can connect to a wealth of resources, relationships, and intelligence, all through a single endpoint: https://graph.microsoft.com. Source
The time required to understand graph API for various entities like mails, contacts, calendars, OneDrive, etc is on higher side. Also, substantial efforts are required to handle various cases using Graph APIs like throttling, paging, batch processing, etc.
To address this, Calsoft came up with off-the-shelf solution – Calsoft Microsoft Software as a service Framework Library (CmsSaasLib) for Exchange Online, Office365 mailbox backup. It is a pre-tested, reusable, and ready-to-integrate solution with existing backup software or to use as a Turnkey Solution.
Key Benefits of Calsoft MS SAAS Framework Library
- Backup vendor need not spend time in understanding Graph API details for variety of entities like mails, contacts, calendars, OneDrive, etc.
- Reduction of effort required to handle various cases using Graph APIs like throttling, paging, batch processing, etc.
- Error handling, retry operations and token handling is managed by framework
- Stable and well tested code with minimal and fix set of APIs for variety of entities
- Data packaged in PST or Zip format becomes easy to manage by backup applications
- The New entity support added in Microsoft Graph APIs will not require any change in exposed interfaces
- The Framework can also be extended as a standalone backup solution for Microsoft cloud applications
- Supports desktop and server operating systems with x86 and x64 CPU architecture
Get in touch with us to know more about Calsoft MS SaaS Framework Library (CmsSaasLib)
Latest posts by Calsoft Inc (see all)
- Value of NFV for Telecom and Edge Computing - January 3, 2019
- Simplifying Office 365 and Exchange Online Back up with CmsSaasLib - September 19, 2018
- [Infographic] DevOps Adoption: Trends & Facts - March 13, 2018