Top Considerations for Protecting Data Operations in the Cloud
Cloud computing is emerging technology in today’s world. We can get any kind of applications or services easily without spending any time over Internet. These kinds of business model do not require any upfront investments. It is low the cost, high performance and high availability with good tech support makes your business run without any IT glitch. Cloud computing can speed up businesses by giving new dimension to complete outsource arena known as IaaS, PaaS, SaaS.
Gartner predicted in 2012 that most of offline desktop work will get shifted to cloud base desktop. Now days, we don’t require to carry any devices to keep our documents handy. We save all our documents in cloud drive and access it from anywhere.
As these all services accessed over Internet, user can store their data in available space and it can get accessed from anywhere, by using these services users might upload, access, update and delete their data at any time.
So, one things come to into mind immediately is that, “What about security?”…“How data is secure?”…”what about it’s Integrity?” Security is one of the important cloud computing qualities. Data should get accessed by authorized person only. We need to add all required security feature to achieve secure data storage model.
When using cloud computing, we need to consider some of below security things:
- Data Access – we need to prevent data access from unauthorized person, need to apply policies such way that data should be available to authorized person only
- Data Recover – We need mechanisms which check whether data is manipulated by some unauthorized person or has it been tempered. We need to recover data. Need to provide data protection against data corruption.
- While processing cloud data, need to think about how to avoid collision attacks
- We need to prevent data against malicious data modification which result in data loss
- Needs to consider about dynamic data operations
We will review different security aspect, data storage security and privacy protection in the cloud computing world
- Authorization is most important aspect of security which used to control access to data. It is process which determines what kind of access authenticated user will have for secured data.
- We can save data in cloud with encryption but simple encryption won’t solve all problems. Simple encryption will have key management problem and does not fit into the operation like query, simultaneous modification etc. Instead of simple encryption Homomorphic Encryption is more secure. It confirms that the cipher text algebraic operation results are reliable. It ensures data operation is more secure & confidential.
- Now days to make sure cloud operations are more secure, reliable, confidential, flexible hybrid technique is used. It proposes to use many encryption algorithms like DES, RSA, random number used during data operation.
- Database encryption method is also helpful do data operation in unsecure, untrusted cloud environment. Due to in memory database encryption it increases processing power and data operation might take time to complete.
- Cloud data operation should pass through multi-layer security technique so it increases data security. First it goes through identity management using authentication, second it should have encryption mechanism in place and third it should get recovered by decryption.
[Tweet “Top Considerations for Protecting Data Operations in the #Cloud ~ via @CalsoftInc”]