- EMC Acquires CloudLinkCloudLink is provider of software-based data security solutions for hybrid clouds. Along with CloudLink, EMC plans to empower customers to adopt the hybrid cloud while addressing the concerns around data security and sovereignty, and maintaining regulatory compliance.
With its ability to handle challenges around latency, security and reliability, hybrid cloud storage is driving increasing interests from enterprises.
- Novachips Acquires HLNAND Flash Memory TechnologyWith its unique point-to-point ring architecture, HLNAND Flash memory technology offers maximum operational speed regardless of the number of devices populated in the Ring.
With HLNAND technology, Novachips wants to offer its customers the access to a high-quality Flash storage solution for a broad set of interfaces and form-factors for enterprise storage applications and industry or consumer applications.
- Cypress and Spansion Complete All-Stock MergerCypress holds a position in capacitive touch-sensing controllers and SRAMs for infotainment systems in the automotive market. Spansion is a leading supplier of flash memory and microcontrollers for infotainment, body and climate control systems, instrument clusters and advanced driver assistance systems.
This merger will make Cypress the No. 3 chip supplier worldwide of memories and microcontrollers and Spansion will transform into a global embedded systems leader and deliver a more robust and broader product line to meet their embedded requirements.
Emerging technologies such as high performance flash memory and capacity enterprise HDDs are rapidly changing the ability of storage systems to be more efficient, more responsive and effectively meet the changing enterprise requirements.
IoT and Big data
- Hitachi Data Systems Corporation Acquires PentahoPost the acquisition, Pentoho platform which offers data integration, visualization and analytics capabilities, will be integrated by HDS into its advanced analytics foundation software, where it will enhance the company’s existing big data analytics and processing technologies and extend the capabilities of its broader information management product and services portfolio.
Through this integration, HDS aims to deliver a sophisticated data analytics stack. This stack helps businesses derive rich insights from their data with faster time to value, and supporting the development of smarter, safer, healthier and more efficient societies.
- Brocade Acquires Connectem
Connectem provides vEPC solutions that leverage cloud computing, network virtualization, and software networking technologies to deliver higher scale and efficiency on industry-standard x86-based servers.
Brocade, which works with service providers and enterprises to help them offer connectivity between mobile and IoT devices, data centers, as well as public and private clouds plans to integrate Connectem solutions into its software and physical networking product portfolios.
- Attunity Acquires Appfluent
Appfluent is a provider of data usage analytics for big data environments, including data warehousing and Hadoop.Through this acquisition, Attunity, the provider of information availability software solutions, will be able offer product suite that analyzes big data usage patterns, and then moves large data volumes and processing workloads to Hadoop.
According to EMC’s Bill Schmarzo, “…A new generation of IoT applications is required to address specific business needs such as: predictive maintenance; loss prevention; asset utilization; inventory tracking; disaster planning and recovery; downtime minimization; energy usage optimization; device performance effectiveness; network performance management; capacity utilization; capacity planning; demand forecasting; pricing optimization; yield management; and load balancing optimization.”
To know more email: email@example.com
Latest posts by Calsoft Inc (see all)
- Real World Examples of IoT in healthcare - April 15, 2019
- 7 Sectors that are getting transformed by AI - April 8, 2019
- All the software that goes into making IoT solutions work - February 21, 2019