Docker is a new disruptive technology based on Linux containers. It uses Linux Kernel Containerization technology to create, secure and isolate independent containers to run within a single Linux instance. Due to this technology, a developer is assured that the application will run on any Linux machine without worrying about different customised settings. This is a revolution for applications created, shared & populated in the cloud.
Docker – Its Significance
- Docker has gained its popularity due to the fact that there is least dependency issues.
- Docker containers run almost everywhere. It can be deployed on containers, desktops, physical servers, virtual machines, into data centers, and up to public and private clouds.
- It provides a container for managing software workloads on shared infrastructure, while keeping them isolated from one another.
- Containers enable developers to design an application with all the essential parts and provide it as a package.
Many organizations are converging to integrate Docker with desktop applications. With Microsoft announcing plans to add support for container technology, Docker included, an association of major sorts is expected wherein a new class of Docker users will emerge from an enterprise Windows environment, with demands and expectations different from those of their Linux-reared counterparts. The growth of Docker and Linux containers show fast pace growth, and with new businesses jumping on the wagon on a regular basis, we expect to see an array of new developments over the coming year.
To know more email: email@example.com
Latest posts by Calsoft Inc (see all)
- Real World Examples of IoT in healthcare - April 15, 2019
- 7 Sectors that are getting transformed by AI - April 8, 2019
- All the software that goes into making IoT solutions work - February 21, 2019